Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Those weird guys that show you good music.

Sometimes we meet someone that isn't right for us but gives us something to walk away with. Maybe we learned more about ourselves, life, or relationships. But sometimes, Mr. Wrong just shows you a really cool band, and it totally makes up for how much the two of you didn't work out.

This weird one was lovingly dubbed the Date from Hell in a blog post. It truly was a Date from Hell, even though he seemed like such a cool guy the couple of times we had hung out before. The thing that really captured my interest about him? He had an amazing music collection, and he played musical instruments.

My heart melted, then hardened when I realized he was sort of a  tool. But before we stopped talking, I remember him playing a CD for me in his car. It was a band I had heard of but had never listened to before. The first song he played for me was "Kiss Off" and as soon as I got home that night, I made sure I owned that song. From then on, I just kept adding to my collection...my Violent Femmes collection.



And although it didn't work out between the two of us, I can still look back on those couple of weeks fondly, because he was a cool dude...at least when it came to music.


Do you have a Mr. Wrong to thank for your musical taste?

2 comments:

Erica said...

omg, my first love showed me music! james taylor, pearl jam, lots of hendrix, everything I ever needed. If it weren't for him, I would prob still be listening to strictly "club music"

$|<@77€®|\/|1|\||)€|) said...

For me it would be miss. Wrong, but I don't really remember any music that any of my ex's would have had, other then Meatloaf possibly. Anyways, I really like the post, you did a good job on it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails