Pages

Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Anti-Valentine's Day? Happy February!

February has just started and that means that Valentine's Day has been in your local stores for about three weeks. Last year I celebrated Valentine's Day on the blog with four different music playlists embracing love. The playlists were songs about love and kissing, power ballads, and country classics. (You can see them here, here, here, and here.) While you can expect more of the same this year, I've also decided to play up the flip side of the coin...let's embrace some anti-Valentine's Day as well! So this month, expect the best of both worlds when it comes to love and this holiday.

That being said, I'm looking for guest posts. I want to hear a story about your best (or worst!) Valentine's Day. You can email me at jhaish09@gmail.com. I can't wait to hear from you, and if I like your story, you may see it on The Musings sometime this month!

To kick this lovey-dovey month off, let's try a song that might fit your situation at the moment... "You love her, but she loves him. And he loves somebody else...you just can't win." Are you in this state of mind right now? (And if you are anti-Valentine's this year, you'll love Rodney's playlist...check it out here.)

3 comments:

Rodney said...

Welcome to the dark side, Jessi!!! *cue evil laughter* Together we will rule the galaxy as Blogger & Blogger!

BTW, if you want more Anti-Valentine's music, I do have a second playlist! Check out the 2011 playlist!

Just remember, if you're anti V-Day this year, I feel your pain. You are not alone. Take comfort in the knowledge that this too, shall pass..

Melissa Blake said...

This is a great feature!! I'll be sending you something!! xoxo

i'm not sure where I stand on V-Day...it's sort of a love/hate thing, i think.

$|<@77€®|\/|1|\||)€|) said...

I like this a lot, because you are allowing someone to post on your blog pretty much :).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails