Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday Flicks: All's fair in never being kissed and war

This week I squeezed in two chick flicks - and I loved them both! (But hey, can you ever really go wrong with Reese or Drew?)

photo via
NEVER BEEN KISSED
Oh, Drew. I had heard of this movie before but I had never actually watched it. When I had some leftover money on a gift card and I saw this movie in a clearance bin, I figured it was worth the risk, and it was. I mean, Barrymore is a reporter for my favorite newspaper - the Chicago Sun-Times! And although my life story wasn't that dramatic when I was in high school, I definitely went most of the time without dates and definitely without the perks of being popular. This movie should be on every un-cool girl's radar. And out of us bloggers, who hasn't had a crush on an English teacher? I mean...

photo via
THIS MEANS WAR
Two hot spies fighting for a girl. Sounds like a good story that some of us would like to be in, right? Chris Pine and Tom Hardy are good-looking as expected and Reese Witherspoon plays her usual chick flick starring role. However, it's the surprisingly impressive action scenes that steal a lot of the show. I wasn't expecting this movie to be that fun. And I don't know about you, but I have a serious love for Chelsea Handler, and she's Witherspoon's BFF in this movie. She's the perfect woman for this role, giving her opinions like that best friend we all know and love. While I went back and forth during the movie about what guy I was rooting for, I loved every second of this movie, and I think that if you enjoy chick flicks as much as I do, you'll love it as well. Hey, you might even like it if you don't love chick flicks. It has a little bit of something for everyone.

Have you seen these movies? What have you watched this week?

2 comments:

Grace Martin said...

lol My guy will be glad to hear that there is some action in This Means War. He is taking me to see it this weekend for our 1 year aniversary. :)

Hannah Madeline said...

You cannot go wrong with Chris Pine in a movie. Enough said.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails