Pages

Friday, February 03, 2012

Friday Flicks: an artist, an iron lady and one of the guys...

Yes, I am the girl who refuses to see Star Wars and didn't know who Clint Eastwood was until recently. I just don't watch movies...until about a month ago or so. So now, once a week I'd like to post about a few movies I've seen that week. Maybe I can even challenge myself to watch some classics... Let me know what you think!

This week I was fortunate enough to be able to get out of town and see a couple of movies that we don't have around here. I also watched a movie from the 80s for the first time.

photo via
THE ARTIST

My first silent movie! It was brilliant. I loved the black and white, the romance, the characters, the story... I loved absolutely everything about this film. I loved it so much in fact, that the next day I purchased the soundtrack. If you're looking for good writing music, this soundtrack is it. And if you're looking for a funny, charming, intriguing film, this is it!

photo via

THE IRON LADY

I watched this movie because I love Meryl Streep to pieces. I think she is an astounding actress, and that makes her my favorite. Although I went in knowing just the history class basics about Margaret Thatcher, I walked out with respect and interest in her as a person. Thank you Meryl, for blowing me away once again.

photo via
JUST ONE OF THE GUYS

An 80s movie that was recommended to me because of how much it is like my own life...to an extent. A high school girl who wants to be a journalist? Sounds like me a few years ago! Her article isn't chosen for a contest and she believes it is because she is a girl. So what does she do? She dresses as a guy and attends a different school! This movie is hilarious in that cheesy 80s way. This is definitely going in my collection between Sixteen Candles and Pretty in Pink.

What movie did you watch this week?

3 comments:

Rachel G. said...

This week I watched Teen Witch. Another totally cheesy 80s movie, but still awesome!

www.thelaughingbrunette.blogspot.com

HiLLjO said...

Ooh I'd love to watch the Artist.
I watched... um... I don't remember!

$|<@77€®|\/|1|\||)€|) said...

The Artist was so good, I really enjoyed going to it with you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails