Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday Flicks: My favorite films

This week I started a second job and have been neglecting my blog while I try to get into a routine with my new schedule. I didn't have much time to watch movies, so I've decided to write about three of my favorite movies. And they are...

photo via
DIRTY DANCING
I sincerely think that this is the greatest chick flick of all time. Baby is such a great character; while she is obviously a romantic, she also has a strong head on her shoulders and a a hell of a lot of determination. The dancing is phenomenal, the soundtracks are perfect (I have both) and who doesn't love a little Patrick Swayze? If you didn't get in a chick flick this week (it was Valentine's Day) then I suggest you try this one this weekend. This is a movie that you can enjoy by yourself just as much as with a group of your girls. Either way, you'll have the time of your life!

photo via
DAZED AND CONFUSED
I have loved this film since the first time I've watched it. It helps that the intro of the movie shows American muscle cars (my favorite) driving to Aerosmith's "Sweet Emotion" (hey, my favorite band!) Once again, the soundtracks are perfect (I have both) if you love 70s classic rock. And even though I was definitely nowhere near being alive in the 70s, I can appreciate all the retro in this 90s film and the young Matthew McConaughey and Ben Affleck. Good tunes, cool cars, and an all around groovy movie!

photo via
PRETTY IN PINK
Alright, judging by my three favorite movies, it's easy to see that I was definitely born at the wrong time. This is my favorite Molly Ringwald movie, no contest. The love triangle between Blane, Andie and Ducky has more depth than Twilight could ever dream of, and you have to love how quirky Molly Ringwald's character was in this movie. The perfect 80s high school movie, and one of my favorite movies of all time. Isn't she pretty in pink?

I guess my criteria for a good movie is great music, good romance, and a retro vibe. What's on your list of favorite movies, and do you watch your favorite movie often?

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

All great movies...but I LOVE Pretty In Pink!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails