Pages

Friday, March 02, 2012

Friday Flicks: going, going. . .gone, thanks to wanderlust

What a busy week! I'm thinking I should curl up with a good movie this weekend. This is what I saw this week. What did you watch?

photo via
GONE
I don't know about you, but I adore Amanda Seyfried. A plot about a protective older sister appealed to me as well, because I know that if anything happened to my little sister, I'd be out night and day looking for her. Seyfried comes home one night to discover that her sister has been abducted. She believes that it is the same man who abducted her a year ago...and is taking revenge on her sister because she got away. She decides to take matters into her own hands, when the police, who believe that Seyfried was never actually kidnapped, won't help. 
This movie really surprised me; it looked like a silly PG-13 drama when in fact it was one of my favorite movies so far this year. Let's put it this way: Seyfried's character is one B.A. chick.

photo via
WANDERLUST
I'm starting to see a pattern here: I tend to watch movies solely for one person. When I like an actor, I really like an actor. And do you know who I like? Paul Rudd. He has such a cute face, and he always makes me laugh. Wanderlust was everything I expected it to be: a weird hippie movie that touched on city life and what happens when we don't stop and smell the roses every once in a while. But I loved the craziness, adult humor, and Jennifer Aniston and Paul Rudd's chemistry. If you want to see something really different this weekend, this is your movie. Who doesn't love hippie humor?!

NEED TO WATCH THIS WEEK:
Project X looks like fun, while The Lorax looks like the next great kids' movie. (Who didn't love Dr. Seuss as a kid?!) I also picked up 500 Days of Summer from the bargain bin and I'm hoping to re-watch it for the first time in a long time.

2 comments:

Shia said...

Happy Friday!!

I’m having my first giveaway come and check it out!

worldaccordingtoshia.blogspot.com

Have a great weekend!!

♥ Shia

Stephanie said...

I totally want to see Wanderlust! I've loved Jennifer Aniston and Paul Rudd together since the movie Object of My Affection. One of my favorites!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails