Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

Music Monday: I saw Daughtry live!

Last week I went to a concert for the first time in ages: I saw Daughtry live! I've been on team Daughtry since his American Idol days: I was one of those people sitting there in shock with tears in my eyes the day he was sent home. But alas, as time has proven, being booted off American Idol is a good thing; you're more likely to have a career if you don't win on the show. Since his time on Idol, he has won over radio with songs like "Home," "Over You," and "It's Not Over," among many others. I love them all, so when they were playing in the next town over, I knew I had to go. 

SafetySuit was the opening band, and you may know them from their current hit song "These Times." What an energetic band! The lead singer was full of life and ran around the audience, jumping up on chairs and even stealing a cellphone to take videos from the stage.

Daughtry had life as well, and Chris Daughtry is definitely one of those vocalists that sounds just as good (if not better) live than on an album. They played songs from their new albums, but the crowd was most receptive of their oldies but goodies. I was most excited when they did a cover of Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers' "Runnin' Down a Dream." He was (thankfully!) able to make the song his own while still doing it justice. A cover of Billy Idol's "Rebel Yell" had people dancing as well. I loved new hits "No Surprise," and "Crawling Back to You."

Overall, I absolutely loved this show and would go see Daughtry again in a heartbeat. It's nice to know that he still rocks as much as he did way back on Idol, and he still references his small town roots. This guy is a rock star, and I hope he's going to stay around even longer!


Need some Daughtry songs? Here are my top 10 favorites (in no particular order)

Renegade
What About Now
No Surprise
Crawling Back to You
September
Home
It's Not Over
Feels Like Tonight
What I Want
Over You
Life After You

Do you like Daughtry, or have you been to a concert lately?

3 comments:

Antonella C'est moi said...

Greant post and pics.."""!

Erica said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! Told you I'd still visit! :) Daughtry is very good. I knew he'd be a star! Glad you enjoyed the show!

Paislea Elyse said...

i love daughtry!!

drop by allister bee soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails