Pages

Thursday, March 01, 2012

RIP Davy Jones!

Yesterday the musical world shattered yet again when another legend left us...Davy Jones of The Monkees fame died unexpectedly of a heart attack. I grew up listening to The Monkees - I've had their greatest hits on my rotation for years. So this one's for you, Davy...let's all play a little bit of the Monkees tonight.

"The Monkees" Theme Song
It's Nice to Be With You
Listen to the Band
D.W. Washburn
Daydream Believer
Pleasant Valley Sunday
A Little Bit Me, A Little Bit You
(I'm Not Your) Steppin' Stone
I'm a Believer
I Wanna Be Free



What's your favorite song from The Monkees?

4 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

I was shocked to hear the news.. I grew up listening to the Monkees.. I remember when my mom got mad because I just had to watch the show and she had to miss part of the Oscars that was on at the same time.. lol... Would u believe I have their first album? Now, I really feel old.

Melissa Blake said...

I was so sad when I heard the news too. The Monkees were one of my favorites growing up and Davy was my fave! :(

Erica said...

Grew up listening to them also! And watching their tv show. Daydream Believer is my fav. Also on their show they had a song called Auntie Grizelda and I used to call my cousin that and one time she cried!! lol!! I still tease her about that!

Ashton King said...

What's Marcia Brady going to do now?!

Who couldn't love Davey Jones? It seems like the world has lost most of its great musical talents in such a short time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails