Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Music Monday: It's country music week on The Musings!

photo via
Helloooooooo country music fans (and everyone else!) This week is a very special week on The Musings. All week long posts will be country music related (and who doesn't love country music?) Alright, if you're one of those people that for some reason doesn't like country music, this week will be my effort to show my appreciation of the genre and to maybe get you to like it...just a little bit.

So let's start off the week with a question. Why do you love (or not love) country music? Where did it all start for you? Was it a music video, recommedation from a friend, or purely an accident?

If you're like me, you grew up with no other choice but to love country music. I was surrounded by it the minute I was born, and it's never gone away since. 

I grew up with 90s CMT country music videos on the television: I would dance around with my plastic guitar singing along to Alan Jackson's "Don't Rock the Jukebox." 

Years later my little sister would be dancing in the middle of the living room to Shania Twain's "Don't Be Stupid (You Know I Love You)." Country music was played at holidays, on weeknights and weekends. 

My dad even won a second date with my mom when he was able to guess who was singing a song on the radio (it was Patsy Cline.)

Country music runs through my blood, and why shouldn't it? Country music was the inspiration for so many other kinds of music, and country music tells so many great stories. Heartbreak, betrayal, true love, and other topics make this genre something we can all relate to, if we give it a chance.

So why do you love or not love country music? And don't forget to check back all week for more country topics!

Here's a video to start your week off right, my favorite from my childhood, and such an appropriate song for this week!

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

I LOVE country music, so thanks for posting this!!!

Peace,
Caitlin :)

$|<@77€®|\/|1|\||)€|) said...

It all started with Garth Brooks, "The Thunder Rolls." Ever since then I do like country, but it really isn't one of the genres that I can listen to all the time, especially the new country... Not a big fan.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails