Pages

Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Blondes who did it before (and better than!) Taylor Swift Part 2

Don't get me wrong, I love me some TSwift. However, I have to shake my head and sigh a little when I hear someone proclaim how "country" she is. She's cute, she has country roots, and it's cool that she writes her own songs. So many people do it better...and more country. Here's the blondes that did it better than and before Ms. Swift...I think that she owes these ladies a lot. And maybe she could learn a little thing about being on the country side...And don't forget to check out part 1!


Mindy McCready teaches us all a little bit about girl power in "Guys Do it All the Time." You listening, Tay?

Lorrie Morgan does what we all wish we had the guts to do in the dramatic and powerful "Good As I Was to You."

LeAnn Rimes will always be known as that blonde songstress from the 90s that wowed us with her empowerment song "One Way Ticket (Because I Can)"

And the original country female known for her blonde locks and big voice..."Jolene" by Dolly Parton. Have you been taking notes, Taylor Swift? 

What do you think of the original country blondes?

3 comments:

Grace Martin said...

Taylor has A LOT to learn about being country. :)

And I gotta say, I love me some Dolly. She not only has an amazing voice, but she has given back so much to her community through Dollywood. She doesn't take crap from anybody about the decisions she makes either. Gracious, strong, and beautiful. Now that is what makes Dolly country. :)

Ashton King said...

I enjoyed this little series. While I like Taylor, I agree she has a lot to learn.

The only person on your list I'm not a big fan of is Miranda Lambert. I don't know why, I just don't dig her music.

$|<@77€®|\/|1|\||)€|) said...

I think you literally hit the nail on the head, because this has your opinion and your evidence to back it up. Great Job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails