Pages

Friday, May 04, 2012

Friday Flicks: a raven and a safe.

Not too much to talk about in the movie world in the last week, but this weekend is sure to be a good one with the release of THE AVENGERS. (Yes, I'm one of those dorky comic book girls.) I can't wait to see some of my favorite heroes up on the big screen (can I get a whoop whoop for Thor and Iron Man?!) I've also been watching the new Spider-Man cartoon on TV and I can't get enough of that man (but more on that obsession later.) I've been meaning to watch the Captain America movie since it was first released in theaters, but every time I push play I fall asleep before the opening DVD menus are over. (Boo.) But I did squeeze in movies starring two awesome guys this week! What did you see?

photo via
SAFE
While I'm not usually big on straight-up action flicks, I have to admit: Jason Statham is a nice looking man. Plus, I love his voice! After being "dragged" to this movie by my boyfriend, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this movie. Would I watch it again? Maybe if it was on TV. But it was definitely a fun, thrilling movie that actually held my interest. 1 point for Statham!

THE RAVEN
photo via
When I first heard about a movie starring John Cusack (one of my great loves in life) as Edgar Allan Poe (a brilliant writer) I couldn't stop thinking, talking, or dreaming about it. I actually saw the movie this week, and while I enjoyed it, I was exceedingly underwhelmed. Don't get me wrong, the characters and actors were great, but there were some points where I just wanted the movie to move along. But I would recommend it to anyone who's a fan of Cusack, Poe, or both!

What movie(s) will you be watching this weekend?

1 comment:

Ashton King said...

Boyfriend? Did I miss something? Guess I've been hit and miss with the blog world for too long.

Anyway, you should definitely watch Captain America. It's a solid movie, very well-written. Also, if you haven't seen the newest version of the Incredible Hulk, you should watch it ... if only for the teaser at the end about the Avengers.

I've heard mixed reviews about The Raven. I really wanted to see it in theaters but now I'm not sure if I want to spend that money. :\

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails