Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday Flicks: What to expect when you sunk my battleship.

photo via
Last week, my boyfriend took me to see The Dictator (blech!) and I didn't even think it was worth writing about. However, this week I had the choice in movies, and I saw two actually worth talking about!

BATTLESHIP
While this movie isn't for everyone, I definitely enjoyed the over-the-top, in-your-face action. I love watching movies where things blow up and this movie reminded me of one of my favorites: the first Transformers movie. This movie was in one word, ridiculous. But it was fun, it was messy, and it had a great soundtrack. (Hello AC/DC!) I loved it, and if you love big, stupid fun, you will love it too! Dare I be as cliche to say I was on the edge of my seat? What? I was! This is a great movie to see on the big screen. Plus, if you're a Rihanna fan (I'm not) you get to see her kick butt as well.

WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU'RE EXPECTING

Yes, I took my boyfriend to this movie. Hey, I love chick flicks! However, this is definitely a movie to go see with your girls. Throw on your yoga pants or whatever, buy a lot of popcorn and just enjoy yourself. It's fun, it's silly, and if you enjoyed the intertwining plots and characters of movies like Valentine's Day and New Year's Eve, you will love this movie because it is much of the same. I genuinely liked all of the different characters in this movie, and Elizabeth Banks stole the show for me. You'll laugh; you'll cry; you'll love this feel-good chick flick.

2 comments:

$|<@77€®|\/|1|\||)€|) said...

I didn't really like What to expect, but let me tell you, when we watched Battleship I was very please about the outcome. It was way better than what I thought it was going to be.

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

Thanks for the reviews! My husband also said "Battleship" was ridiculous but popcorn flicks are good! Have a lovely weekend!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails