Pages

Friday, May 04, 2012

I've always loved George Strait.

photo via
I remember the first video that drove me crazy for George Strait... "Check Yes or No." A cute song about a girl asking out a boy in elementary school, and waiting for his answer: a checkmark next to one of the boxes marked yes or no in a note passed in class. From that moment on, I couldn't get enough of George Strait and his music. To me, George is the face of country music. Although there have been many greats before and after him, his music flawlessly carries over over generation to generation, thanks to legendary songs such as "Write This Down," "Carrying Your Love With Me," and "I Cross My Heart." Plus, the man just looks country!

George Strait is country music for me, and he always will be. These are a just a few of my favorite George Strait songs. If you don't have them on shuffle on your iPod already and you consider yourself a country music fan, you need to get these...now! George Strait is the man when it comes to country, and believe me when I say that you don't want to miss out on him. (I've also included a couple of songs he did with Alan Jackson - another country great! Shouldn't these two do more songs together? They are always amazing!)

Write This Down
Designated Drinker with Alan Jackson
Always Never the Same
Blue Clear Sky
Carried Away
I Can Still Make Cheyenne
Do the Right Thing
Check Yes or No
Carrying Your Love with Me
Murder on Music Row with Alan Jackson
Adalida
True
Amarillo by Morning
I Cross My Heart
We Really Shouldn't Be Doing This
Heartland
Where the Sidewalk Ends
Troubadour
When Did You Stop Loving Me
Round About Way

And the video that started it all for me...

3 comments:

Ashton King said...

Anybody who loves country music loves King George. It's impossible not to.

$|<@77€®|\/|1|\||)€|) said...

Your love for George Strait awes me.

George Strait said...

This is my favorite GS song, and second favorite country song. I wish country now days was like this. It's all pop and crap now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails