Pages

Monday, May 07, 2012

Music Monday: What's your favorite soundtrack?

I am a big fan of movie soundtracks. No matter the genre, no matter the movie, I love soundtracks. I find myself constantly listening to my soundtracks while at work: Grease, Footloose, The PowerPuff Girls, Mamma Mia! and many more are always on shuffle. My favorite soundtrack, however, belongs to what is also my favorite movie. The Dirty Dancing soundtracks (yes, there are 2!) are my favorite movie soundtracks of all time. Whether I'm grooving to "Johnny's Mambo" or singing along at the top of my lungs to "(I've Had) The Time of My Life," I simply can't get enough. Here is a compilation of my favorite songs from the two soundtracks.
photo via

(I've Had) The Time of My Life - Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes
Be My Baby - The Ronettes
Will You Love Me Tomorrow - The Shirelles
These Arms of Mine - Otis Redding 
Do You Love Me - The Contours
Big Girls Don't Cry - Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
Where Are You Tonight - Tom Johnston
Love is Strange - Mickey & Sylvia
Love Man - Otis Redding
Wipeout - The Surfaris
Hey! Baby - Bruce Channel
Yes - Merry Clayton
De Todo Un Poco - Michael Lloyd & Le Disc
In the Still of the Night - The Five Satins
Hungry Eyes - Eric Carmen

Don't these songs bring up such good memories of the film? What is your favorite movie soundtrack?

4 comments:

Elle Sees said...

totally owned this as a kid AND did a baton routine to a song. yup, I was the coolest. totallynotcool

Michelle * Viva Revival said...

Dirty dancing really is a great soundtrack! Didn't know there were two though.

$|<@77€®|\/|1|\||)€|) said...

I like watching your fascination with Dirty Dancing, it is awesome!

My favorite sound track is probably Gone in 60 Seconds, because the music is awesome, like the movie... Ha!

RAY J said...

My favorites would be The Matrix soundtrack, Mortal Kombat: Annihilation Soundtrack (the movie sucked, but the music was great!), Repo! The Genetic Opera soundtrack, the Mission: Impossible 2 soundtrack, the Batman & Robin soundtrack (check it out - it had some great songs on it!), and the A Night at the Roxbury soundtrack (it had some good dance tracks on it!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails