Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My 2012 Summer Reading List

I'm thinking some days out in the shade with a good book in hand are ahead!  These are just a few I have in mind...

The Gum Thief - Douglas Coupland

 Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte

 The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn - Mark Twain

 The Color Purple - Alice Walker

Laura Rider's Masterpiece - Jane Hamilton

 Fear and Loathing at Rolling Stone - Hunter S. Thompson works

I also have a best of Lewis Carroll as well as best of Jane Austen that I've been meaning to crack into...what books are you planning on reading this summer? I'm up for suggestions!

5 comments:

Samantha Rill said...

I'm reading The Fellowship of the Ring a second time and hoping to finally crack open Two Towers and Return of the King!

Also, The Beautiful and the Damned has been sitting on desk for months now, so I'll take a crack at that one too. Maybe read Gatsby again towards the end of summer. I tend to like it most then.

Em-Jae said...

"The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" was captivating.

And I really enjoyed Sue Monk Kidd's "Traveling with Pomegranates."

Right now I'm reading Joan Didion's "Blue Nights," and next up is "The Presidents Club."

Happy reading!

Andy said...

No matter what you read this summer you MUST read "The fault in our stars" by John Green author of 'looking for Alaska' and 'An abundance of Kathrine's'

RAY J said...

I'm working on finishing up the Millennium trilogy by Stieg Larsson, as I'm on the last book "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest."

Then I plan on reading the next book in the Game of Thrones/Song of Ice and Fire series by George RR Martin - "A Clash of Kings". From there I might work on the rest of the series since we have them or read one of the other handfuls of books I have waiting for me ("Something Borrowed" perhaps, or one of the 2 World of Warcraft books I'm anxious to read too!)

Molly said...

Hey! I've read "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" Em-Jae! Interesting story.

YOU NEED TO READ "Please Stop Laughing At Me..." by Jodee Blanco!!!!!

ANY of the Jodi Picoult books.

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson

Avalon High by Meg Cabot

The Maximum Ride series by James Patterson.

Those are just some of my favorites. I might leave more suggestions later! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails