Pages

Friday, May 04, 2012

Remembering Adam 'MCA' Yauch of the Beastie Boys

Today the music world lost a great: Adam 'MCA' Yauch of Beastie Boys fame passed away after a three-year battle with cancer. He was 47.

Whether or not you're a fan of the Beastie Boys, we all must recognize the immense impact this group has had on the music world, and Adam was a strong third of that power. He is also noted as being a filmmaker and humanitarian...when he wasn't a legendary self-taught bassist and vocalist.

I'd like to share a couple of my favorite Beastie Boys songs to show my respect.What is your favorite Beastie song? Keep partying, MCA!


2 comments:

Ashton King said...

The Beastie Boys are hit and miss with me. I think with their music you either love it or hate it. I'd have to say that Right to Party is my favorite by them. They definitely had a unique sound and were obviously a huge influence in the music world.

Erica said...

Told you I'd visit :)
Loved them back then, still love them now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails