Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday Flicks: Seeking a Friend & a Vampire Hunter

This week, I saw two movies that were completely different and yet completely great. What did you watch?

photo via
SEEKING A FRIEND FOR THE END OF THE WORLD
Oh, Steve Carell. I cannot get enough of your movies. Ever since I watched Dan In Real Life, I've been hooked on your smarter roles. And while I wasn't really a Keira Knightley fan before last night, I have now begun to worship her. This movie is about the end of the world being announced, and people simply react. They quit their jobs, leave their families, and party. However, as usual, Steve Carell's wife leaves him, and he must figure out how he's going to spend his little remaining time on Earth. That's where Knightley comes in. Sure, the two are a strange combo, but by the end of the movie, I was cheering for the both of them. If you're into deep movies that really make you question things, or if you're looking for a good cry (I bawled through the end credits, but maybe that's just me) this is a good movie for you. 

photo via
ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER
As an American History fanatic, I went into this movie a little concerned. I knew they would be toying with his story, and as a girl proud to be from the Land of Lincoln, I thought for sure that I would be upset. However, I found myself leaning forward, literally on the edge of my seat with my jaw dropped. This movie is insanely cool. While I haven't read the book, I am still in love. The 3D was spectacular, and the vampires were downright terrifying. I had goosebumps for large portions of the movie because I was just creeped out. I love how they worked the vampire story around Lincoln's life, and the actors were stupendous. I suggest this to anyone who loves their American History (with a twist!) or some real vampires (move out of the way, Twilight.) P.S. I totally geeked out seeing Ramona Flowers from Scott Pilgrim vs. The World as Mary Todd Lincoln!

2 comments:

$|<@77€®|\/|1|\||)€|) said...

I can say two things about this post and both movies:

1: Seeking a friend just made me depressed because of what is was about. I liked it, but it really was a sad movie.

2: Abe was awesome, and being the only ones watching it in a huge theater with how real the vampires looked made it ten times better. A must watch in my book.

Ashton King said...

I'm so glad Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter was good. The previews looked good, but I was afraid they'd packed all the best parts into them and left nothing for the movie.

Have you seen Battleship yet? If not, I recommend it. I was pleasantly surprised and have to say that it, Avengers and Snow White & The Huntsman have been my favorites so far this summer.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails