Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Music Monday: Rock of Ages ROCKED

photo via
I ran out to see Rock of Ages this weekend and I must say, I can't wait to do so again. This movie is for anyone who truly loves music, especially power ballads. Love musicals? Here's a refreshing new one for you. With songs from 80s greats like Def Leppard, Poison, and Journey, this old school girl was in movie heaven. Fun performances by Russell Brand, Alec Baldwin, Tom Cruise and others made this movie shine. It was fun, lighthearted, and I couldn't help but rock out! Dancing was a must, so thank goodness there were only two other people in the audience! I'm disappointed in the low box office numbers for its opening weekend, because this movie is definitely a winner. I even got "dolled up" so to speak - after teasing my hair and laying on the eye makeup and big earrings, I was definitely in the rock star mood. 

The music was great! I loved the original numbers, and hearing the mash-ups of some of my favorite oldies but goodies completely blew my mind. I was even more excited when I found that a sing-a-long version of the album has been released -- just the instrumentals so you can be the rock star! And believe it or not, Tom Cruise rocking out as a legend to "Wanted Dead or Alive" was just plain awesome.

I left the theater so pumped (at 2 AM, mind you) that I couldn't let the fun stop. I felt downright inspired. I put in a hair metal mix CD in the car and proceeded to let the old school excitement pump through my veins...and my speakers. If you were an 80s kid, or just feel like you should have been, this movie is for you. I know I'm going to be rocking out to this soundtrack for a while.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails