Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

An Open Letter to the Queens (And Kings) of Gossip. (Leave me alone!)


If you know anything about me, you know that I take things to heart. So when I find out you are still sitting around the metaphorical (and literal) campfire talking about me like old times, I have to shake my head and groan.

Really? I realize that your life is uninteresting, and you don’t have much going for you. Sure, you got your dream job, but in the grand scheme of things, does it mean anything? What it means to you is that you get to have an air of arrogance, but you had that before. In all honesty, you’re just the same old fool, but this time, dressed a little nicer.

Cue my laughter because I got away from that situation; I bolted at the sight of a change for my life. I realized that if I got away from your malodorous personality (and body) I could be happy. Maybe the drama would stop if I left. Sure, I would leave you with little to talk about, but I’m sure you’d find something else to talk about.

I was wrong.

In the big, wide spectrum of the big, wide world, you really are small and insignificant.

And yet, I’ve always been the one to take things personally. It’s one thing to laugh among friends at the expense of another. It’s fine and dandy with me if you’d like to spend your time reveling in my life. I’ve warned you before that my life is incredibly boring. And yet you are still intrigued; you hear a snippet of my life, and somehow turn that rough stone of a rumor into a polished gem. I must admit: you’re good at it. But is that something to be proud of?

I wish you the best in your endeavors, especially the ones involving my life. The valley between the two of us is widening; it will be hard for you to hear much about me now. But who knows, maybe you’ll become a grand storyteller and be able to take care of the lull in your life. Or maybe you’ll grow up, wise up and move on.

I’m sorry for whatever I did to make me “the chosen one.” I wasn’t asking for this, you know, when I was busy living my life and you were busy watching and taking analytical notes. But I’m going to keep doing what I’m doing because I’m good at it and I’m happy with it. Feel free to criticize, or take note, but kindly keep it to yourself. You’ll be much better off that way. Maybe you should spend a little time working on yourself instead of trying to tear down everyone else.

All the best,
Jessi

4 comments:

$|<@77€®|\/|1|\||)€|) said...

Well then, I think that this is meant for one person, and one person only haha. I like it, it is straight to the point and makes it extremely obvious about what your feelings are. Good open letter, love.

Epiphany said...

Sounds like you've got a good perspective on all of this. Cheers!

xoxo

Molly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katlyn said...

Great one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails