Pages

Wednesday, July 04, 2012

I Went to a Drive-In Movie!


My boyfriend and I have finally crossed something off of our 2012 Summer Bucket List - we went to a drive-in movie! I had never been to one before, so it was a pretty exciting experience. We saw a double feature: Brave for the first time and The Avengers for the fourth time. It was so much fun! 

As an ex-movie theater employee, I geeked out seeing the gigantic film projector. As a super fan of the movie Grease, I couldn't help but daydream in my head that I was actually at a drive-in movie in the '50s. Sure, I didn't have a high ponytail and my date wasn't wearing a leather jacket, but it was still fun. The food was good, the movies were great and it was also perfect for our favorite sport: casual people-watching. And as a girl who has always wanted to be a country girl, I was a little green with envy over the couples with old mattresses propped up in the beds of their old pickup trucks. 

What a fun scene, and I can't wait to do it again! Have you ever been to a drive-in movie, and what did you think?

2 comments:

Molly said...

Wasn't "Brave" GOOD?!!...GIRL POWER!!!!!

$|<@77€®|\/|1|\||)€|) said...

It was a pretty awesome night, especially with you by my side. I want to have a giant pick up though, where we can toss a mattress in it and just chill and watch a movie.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails