Pages

Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Maroon 5 is "Overexposed" and I don't mind

link
Overexposed is the latest album from Maroon 5, released June 26. This year also marks the tenth anniversary of their first album release, Songs About Jane. Who didn’t love that album? And with that said, knowing that I’ve been listening to Maroon 5 for ten years makes me feel old. Other than that, let’s talk about this new album!

This album is a great mix of the old and new. While there are some “party” songs that are silly and just make you want to dance, there are also some songs that remind me of Songs About Jane. Songs like “Sad” are moving in a way that we haven’t felt since Jane. On the other hand, there are fun, upbeat songs solely for dancing. I love these! I love “Lucky Strike” and “Doin’ Dirt;” these are fun, carefree songs for driving in the car on these hot summer nights. “Payphone” is everyone’s current favorite from the album. All I have to say about “Payphone” is: it’s better than “Moves Like Jagger.” I’m about done with that song, so this album release was perfect timing.

Finally, I cannot rant and rave enough about “Kiss.” When it first started playing, I felt confused. This song sounded so familiar! Well, it just so happens that the boys of Maroon 5 have released their own spin on Prince’s hit. I must say, these guys were made to sing Prince songs. While it still has that familiar feeling of the old hit, they managed to make the song entirely their own. Plus, it’s so catchy and another song to boogie to! My feet were tapping while I listened to the album for the first time.

This song has some minor bumps in the road with a couple of songs that I can hardly tolerate, like “Tickets.” But overall, I must say that this is just another great release from the unstoppable Maroon 5. It feels like a breath of fresh air from their last album, back with more f-bombs, more Levine’s groovy voice, and funky instrumentals. Kudos, Maroon 5, you did it again! This is going to be my soundtrack for Summer 2012.

Here's "Lucky Strike," one of my favorites from Overexposed. What do you think?

1 comment:

$|<@77€®|\/|1|\||)€|) said...

I have liked Maroon 5 for quite a while, not like you have of course, but still have. Tomorrow you need to play their new album for me and show me all of your favs to jam to.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails