Pages

Monday, July 02, 2012

Music Monday: I love the King of Soul

It's no secret that I love my old school R&B and Soul music. So, it should be no surprise that I would love the King of Soul himself, Mr. Otis Redding.

I remember hearing "(Sittin' On) The Dock of The Bay" as a kid, but my first big connection was when I heard "Try a Little Tenderness." I was watching Pretty in Pink starring Molly Ringwald, and Duckie burst into the record store lip synching this song. I couldn't resist the performance or the song. After seeing that movie, I started looking into Otis Redding songs and have been a fan ever since. Do you like Otis Redding? Here are just a few of my favorite songs from the King of Soul...

Try a Little Tenderness
Love Man
That's How Strong My Love Is
Satisfaction (I Can't Get No)
Respect
Shake
(Sittin' On) The Dock of The Bay
These Arms of Mine

And here's that classic clip from Pretty in Pink if you haven't seen it before...

P.S. Need a 4th of July playlist? Check out the country/rock one I posted last year here - it's a classic for some good ol' American music!

2 comments:

Elle Sees said...

otis...love me some otis.
try sam cooke too.

$|<@77€®|\/|1|\||)€|) said...

I remember watching this movie with you and I know exactly what you were feeling when he burst in with his, "I love you" dance going on haha.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails