Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Music Monday: Johnny Cash gives me chills

If you know me, you know I love country music. But no matter your favorite genre, or if you hate country music, you must respect Johnny Cash. And when it comes down to it, he downright gives me chills. Everyone (hopefully) knows "Folsom Prison Blues.". This performance alone has spawned inspiration the globe over, a documentary, and an album, Johnny Cash at Folsom Prison. The success of this album even led him to record a second prison album, at San Quentin. This single performance, at Folsom State Prison in California, changed the music world as we know it. Thanks to Johnny Cash, the world has never been the same.


And here are a few Cash songs every person should know...

Man In Black
Hurt
I Walk the Line
I've Been Everywhere
Jackson
One Piece at a Time
God's Gonna Cut You Down
Ring of Fire
A Boy Named Sue
Daddy Sang Bass 

Do you listen to Johnny Cash? 

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

LOVE Johnny Cash! LOVE HIM! My husband owns ALL of his music, and we listen to it all the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails