Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Miley, I feel ya girl


It seemed like the Internet exploded when Miley Cyrus tweeted about her new look. Her long, brown locks were gone, and she replaced her signature look with a short and very blonde pixie cut. You would have thought that the world stopped turning.

"She looks so ugly!" People preached on websites. People were wondering why she did it, and were being downright mean about it. Now I'm not usually one to dwell on celebrity gossip, but I do like Miley Cyrus for the most part. I was very shocked to see her with such a dramatic change, but I wasn't anywhere near comparing her to Britney Spears' hair shaving like her other "fans" were. I was surprised at the change, but I couldn't help but admire it. I can wrap it all up in one sentence. "Miley, I feel ya girl."

How in the world can I relate to Miley Cyrus? Well, I did the same thing a few years ago.


Sure, I was in high school and constantly changing my hair, but I still recall the first time I cut off my hair into a pixie cut. I loved the change; I felt so free! But most importantly, I did it for me. No one else. So when people told me that I looked better with long hair, or kept pressing me for the "reason" that I did it, I became irritated. It's my hair, I thought! Why does it matter to anyone else? And when I bleached it blonde, chaos ensued again. But at the end of the day, it was my hair and my life. And if you've ever gone through a change like that, you know how fun and wild it can be. It's nice to try out a new skin, or try finding yourself through a change. And if you don't like it? Hair always grows back.

You live one life and you might as well do what you want. So Miley, I love the new look. It may be very different, but because you wanted to do it, it's very you. I encourage you to keep trying new things, until you've got it right. I encourage everyone to do the same. Hair is the least of your worries as you get older and your responsibilities change, so you might as well have fun with it.

4 comments:

bethm1687 said...

Those poor celebrities. Always under the microscope of millions. I feel her too!

I dunno if I feel Willow Smith on this one though! ---> http://bethm1687.blogspot.com/2012/07/willow-smith-has-gf.html

Great post as always!

$|<@77€®|\/|1|\||)€|) said...

Love the post, and I love you with your bleach blonde hair as well. I knew that she cut it and changed it but I had no idea that it was that dramatic of a change. Great post!

Samantha Rill said...

I totally agree! I've been wanting to do the same for a year now, though I got my inspiration from soccer star Megan Rapinoe, but when I mentioned it, people kept asking me "Why?" and gasping at the "dramatic change." I couldn't imagine what they would say when I actually cut it, but now I'm a little older and gone through some changes that I don't care what other people think anymore.

Erica said...

woah, you rock, end of story!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails