Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

An Open Letter to Justin Timberlake


via
Dearest Justin,
This weekend, I felt the heartbreak heard round the world.

You married your longtime love Jessica Biel, and I'm happy for you. But at the same time, a twinge of sadness pulls at my heart strings. The fact that the Internet nearly blew up over the news, I know I'm not alone.

I remember the first time I fell for you. I held in my hands the first 'N Sync album and I had quite an enviable crush on you and JC Chasez. Staring at the blue letters and adorable faces, I was downright smitten. Sure, I liked the Backstreet Boys, but I loved you guys. Your voice was so sweet and those little ringlets on your head...I was a goner. I was head over heels for you and nothing has been the same since.

I was in elementary school falling asleep to the 'N Sync albums. The soundtrack to my daydreams was "This I Promise You." You had a unique voice and I knew that you were going to go beyond where you were right then. When you started dating my other favorite Ms. Britney Spears, I was excited. When you assisted Janet Jackson with a wardrobe malfunction, I was backing you up by telling everyone you were innocent.

When you and BSpears broke up, I was nothing short of devastated. You were the power couple of my childhood! But then a great wave of good music followed and I think it was worth it.  You matured and your music showed that. Your solo music was just as good (if not better!) than your boy band phase. And so I religiously listened.

Then one day, you brought sexy back. That's no small feat. All of us unsexy people owe you so much. You made us feel like sexy was within our grasp.

When you branched off into movies, I was alright with that. I enjoyed them; you were able to get down with your funny self. As if it was even possible, I fell even harder for you. After all, everything you touched turned to pure gold! I've been following your career since I was a kid. You were, and are still, such a force to be reckoned with.
Sure, I miss your boy band days and I definitely miss you making music, but I'm happy that you're happy. You're such a good catch that I had to realize that someday you'd be snatched up. But if it doesn't work out...call me.

Love forever and always,
Jessi

Some of my favorite JT moments...
Those matchy jean outfits you and Brit donned.
Duh, the Mickey Mouse Club moments!
History of Rap with Jimmy Fallon!
All those Saturday Night Live moments.
The Janet Jackson incident.
And now that you're married and settled down, please come back to making music!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Then one day, you brought sexy back. That's no small feat. All of us unsexy people owe you so much. You made us feel like sexy was within our grasp."

That, my dear, is one of the best written lines I've read in a very long time.

:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails