Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Scholarships: the great struggle

College is expensive. I thought community college was sometimes a struggle to pay for: I was wrong. I'm now at a university and my head practically spins looking at the tuition costs. I'm not made of money and I'm not very good at figuring out financial aid...and college loans? Eek. I'd like to keep those to an absolute minimum.

So...scholarships. There seem to be so many out there, but so few that I'm actually qualified for. No, I'm not an exceptionally tall girl with a love for Star Wars. I'm not an athlete and I don't have much free time for volunteer activities. I'd love to, but between class, my job and my job as a reporter for the campus newspaper, there's just no time at the end of the day.

I've been attempting to find local scholarships and I've been scouring the web. I've found a few that just require a blog post (awesome!) so those should be on the blog within the coming months. Overall though, this is quite the exhausting search.

Do you have any tips for a college student on the prowl for scholarships? I would greatly appreciate your help. Please leave a comment below!

3 comments:

Levonne said...

I'm sorry that I cannot help find scholarships. I'm looking for some myself!

May I share with you what's been keeping me from reading and commenting on blogs lately?

"This Restless Life: a study of Central Coast California parks through photography, interpretive collage and stories" is a book project of which I'm in the midst. If you have the time and the inclination, would you take a look at my short video at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1778487749/this-restless-life?ref=email to learn more about the project? If you like the project, would you share it with your network of friends and family? Thank you sincerely. (I have a link to the video at the top of my blog page too.)

Stephanie said...

I'd say just stick with it. I know that isn't much help, but you're on the right track. I got a scholarship in college, and it was really competitive. I worked really hard on my scholarship applications, and the college said they could tell how much work I put into them.

Appartement à vendre casablanca said...

Thank you I am

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails