Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

On breakups, moving on and other terrifying things

via
While change is usually embraced and seen as an act of power, sometimes it's just downright devastating. Sometimes change comes when you least expect it or where you don't want it. I'm a true believer in the idea that everything happens for a reason. Sure, things are tough right now, but as one of my favorite ladies says, "if you want to see the rainbow you gotta put up with the rain." (Thanks Dolly!)

Break ups, moving on and other terrifying things...these are all acts that are unimaginable yet they happen to people everyday. They wound us, they scare us, they change us.

Moving on is one of the scariest parts of change, especially for me. I liked where I was at in my life; why did things have to change without my consent? I remember asking myself that many times. But I had to put things into perspective. Where I stood in that moment, I had to make many moves to arrive at that point. I mean, I didn't just teleport to that moment in time. Every day we make decisions that lead us down our path, and things always turn out alright in the grand scheme of things. Maybe we need to stop focusing on the microscopic details (those which we always pick apart and make ourselves miserable over) and start looking at the big picture. When you take a step away from a miserable situation and realize that you've still got a beating heart, you've got a purpose. You still have a reason to keep trying...for yourself. Not for anyone else.

To sum it all up: life does goes on. In the wake of something truly heartbreaking and earth shattering, it's hard to see how anything good can come of it. But one day you will wake up and you will feel fine. You will wake up a changed person, but you will be fine.  You will have learned so much more about yourself, and you will be a stronger and smarter person because of it. It may feel like that day is a million years away, if ever, but I promise that day will come for you. It happened for me.

As crazy it may sound right now, there will be a reason that things happened the way they did when they did. It will all come together down the line. Just remember that you are a beautiful and unique person who does deserve everything you can imagine. It's all just along the path to your bigger and brighter future. Just imagine what that will be like.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Agreed! I always try to embrace change even when it's not very comfortable. There have been many (many) times I've asked myself "how in the hell did I get -here-.

Still, no matter how difficult the process is, there is a part of me that likes the thrill of new possibilities.

Daydream Believer said...

I am always amazed at your wisdom. You rock.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails