Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I'm a Beanie Babies Official Club Member.


I'm starting this strange procedure where I get my personal belongings sorted out and organized for when I move this summer.  My mother decided to hand down an old trunk to me to keep some stuff in. We spent one night cleaning out the contents of the trunk and found many random and interesting items from the past. While rifling through letters to the Tooth Fairy and Christmas cards, we found one of many gems: an official Beanie Babies Club certificate.

The peak of my childhood (see: 1998) I was having the time of my life; I was listening to good music (boy bands, anyone?) and collecting Beanie Babies with my mother and sister. Yep, we were that family. Turns out I even took the time to get certified. I was the ripe old age of 7 and I'd say it was a pretty big deal. What a unique piece of my past to stumble on later. After looking at the certificate and the unique bag of (unopened!) goodies (see below) I decided to share in my embarassment and pride by sharing it here. I truly hope you enjoy this moment of nostalgia as much as I did.

Did you collect Beanie Babies? I personally collected the entire series of cats...which ones were your favorites? One Halloween I even decorated a pumpkin to look like the Ty tag...

2 comments:

Skatterminded said...

I remember collecting beanie babies, I did the ones with the quarters in the foot for a long time, I almost had them all. I really think that this is something that you should keep forever, always as a reminder to how happy it made you as a child.

Agence immobilière casablanca said...

Nice post !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails